“On the Tracks of Che Guevara”
Do you want to experience a special country? Do you want to take part in the dramatic history that unfolded during a few hectic days in 1965? Do you want to develop your photography and become able to take better pictures? The photo workshop “On the Tracks of Che Guevara – A Photography Workshop” is a great opportunity to discover one of the most beautiful countries in South America, rich in culture, history and nature. You will be able to take amazing pictures in La Higuera, where Che Guevara spent his last night before he was shot dead, you will visit the Laundry in the Señor de Malta Hospital in Vallegrande , where the corpse of Che Guevara was presented to the world as proof that he was really dead. We will meet eye witnesses to those historical events and will visit the place where his body was buried for 30 years. But this trip is not only about the tracks of Che Guevara. You will visit amazing places in their own rights.
This workshop is directed to photographers of all levels, beginners to advanced professionals. In other words: Whoever loves photography! In this workshop you will improve your photographic skills; you will learn to better use your camera and improve your understanding of light. Each student will be gently pushed to create pictures that show colour, passion, light and movement. Participants will receive one-on-one editing and hands-on instruction from Otto and Sven to develop their strengths and try to overcome weaknesses. A final slide show will highlight the best work from each student.
At the end of the 11 day workshop you will bring back home unforgettable photos that will impress your friends and family.
We are using the local tour operator Kaleidoscope Travel based in Samaipata. It’s run by the lovely and very accommodating couple Ben and Susanne. They will make sure that our travel around in Bolivia will be as smooth as possible.
Our workshops are designed for a limited number of participants. This means we have small groups so teaching can take place on a more intimate level. But it also mans that the workshops get booked quickly. The workshop has space for 12 participants. Participants are enrolled on a first registration first serve basis.
• Nov. 5th: Arrival Santa Cruz. Introduction. Welcome dinner.
• Nov. 6th: Departure to Samaipata. Photographing.
• Nov. 7th: Photographing in Samaipata
• Nov. 8th: Departure to Vallegrande. Photographing.
• Nov. 9th: Photographing in Vallegrande.
• Nov. 10th: Departure to La Higuera. Photographing.
• Nov. 11th: Photographing in La Higuera.
• Nov. 12th: Photographing in La Higuera.
• Nov. 13th: Photographing in La Higuera.
• Nov. 14th: Departure to Santa Cruz. Farewell dinner.
• Nov. 15th: Flying home.
Regular price for the workshop will soon be announced (does not include transportation to and from Bolivia).
There is 210 euro registration fee in order for you to hold your spot.
The price includes:
• Workshop fee.
• Airport transfer upon arrival in Santa Cruz.
• Transportation in Bolivia.
• Accommodation in single occupation.
• Transfer to the airport when departuring from Santa Cruz.
Excluded is everything not listed above, such as:
• Transportation to and from Santa Cruz, Bolivia.
• Food and drinks. The price level in Bolivia is very low.