The following conditions apply to all events you sign up for at Blue Hour Photo Workshops. By signing up for our events, you accept the following:
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
• Registration is binding.
• A first down payment—deposit—is required to register and secure your place.
• If the whole payment is not paid in full on time, Blue Hour Photo Workshops can cancel the registration without further responsibility.
• In the case of workshops/photo-trips in Cuba, all payments shall be made in EUR. No USD payments can be made due to the US embargo restrictions against Cuba. In no case the a transfer should be made in USD and therefore invoices paid in USD are considered to be not paid.
CANCELLATION & REFUND
• Cancellation must be made by email to the workshop instructor(s). Receipt of cancellation needs to be confirmed by the instructor(s) for the cancellation to be effective.
• The cancellation and its conditions will apply from the date Blue Hour Photo Workshops receives the email.
• For cancellation 31 days prior to workshop start-up, all but the deposit will be refunded. For cancellations, for whatever reason, between 30 days and 15 days prior to start-up, we will charge 50 percent of the total workshop fee as a cancellation fee. For cancellations 14 days and less prior to start-up, no refund will be given.
• We will charge a cancellation fee as stated above because we make preparations to the workshop, and based on the incoming reservations, we make decisions about the organisation and structure of the trip, which means a commitment for us.
CANCELLATION & POSTPONEMENT OF EVENT
• Blue Hour Photo Workshops reserves the right to cancel and/or postpone our events due to less then the minimum amount of participants, ill instructors or serious, unforeseen, objective circumstances (for example natural events, government measures or other force majeure circumstances).
• We also reserve the right to cancel and/or postpone our events if circumstances arise which we believe may affect the instructors/participants’ health, safety and welfare.
• If an event is cancelled before the start, with any of the above as reasons, you can choose between a refund of the fee paid or use the amount as a credit towards future Blue Hour Photo Workshops events corresponding to the same amount.
• If an event is cancelled after it has started, you will be refunded a sum corresponding to the remaining time of the event that is not completed.
• Blue Hour Photo Workshops is not responsible for refunds of any type of tickets, accommodation, food, drinks or anything else purchased by the participant.
• Some of Blue Hour Photo Workshops’ events are held by several instructors. If one or more of these cannot participate due to illness or other circumstances beyond our control, Blue Hour Photo Workshop may choose, without obligation, to carry out the event with fewer or one instructor. This does not entitle you to cancel or a refund.
• Prices are based on current rates and tariffs and may change if circumstances beyond Blue Hour Photo Workshops’ control occur. An example of this could be sudden changes to third party prices that affect our event.
• To participate in any Blue Hour Photo Workshop events, you must have you a health and travel insurance. They must cover personal accidents and injuries, medical healthcare and repatriation or evacuation costs during the event. We also strongly recommend purchasing tour cancellation insurance/interruption insurance.
ELIGIBILITY TO PARTICIPATE
• Blue Hour Photo Workshops can only accept participants with adequate physical and mental health. Any condition that requires special attention must be reported in writing at the time of registration. Blue Hour Photo Workshops cannot take responsibility for special diets or medical conditions that need follow-up.
• When registering, you confirm that you do not have physical, mental or other types of conditions that will create danger for yourself or other participants. Blue Hour Photo Workshops reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to accept, not accept or remove any participant at our events.
• All information of this type is treated with discretion by Blue Hour Photo Workshops.
• Blue Hour Photo Workshops, or the third party tour operator we use, also reserves the right to make changes to the published itinerary if we believe this is necessary for comfort, convenience or safety.
• On most of our workshops you may bring a companion who can take part in the social activities of the workshop like meals etc, but will not be able to take part in the workshop’s class/teaching sessions that include the instructor(s).
• You yourself are responsible for your travel documents. For events in a foreign country, you must check what is required of visas and/or other travel documents.
• For events abroad: Make sure your passport is valid for the next 6 months after the end of your trip. It is also recommended to have several blank pages in your passport. This is due to requirements in some countries.
ACCEPTANCE OF LAWS & RULES
• By signing up for Blue Hour Photo Workshop’s events, you confirm that you will follow the applicable country’s legislation, as well as regulations and rules for the places we visit. Violation of this which leads to disruption of the safety and well-being of yourself, other participants, instructors and other partners may result in Blue Hour Photo Workshops terminating your participation, without refund of any kind.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
• Blue Hour Photo Workshop’s liability, if any, for personal injury and/or damage resulting from or connected to Blue Hour Photo Workshop’s event is limited to the fee you have paid to us for the relevant event.
• Blue Hour Photo Workshops and our partners at any event cannot be held responsible for damage to or loss of property, personal injury or death. Participation in Blue Hour Photo Workshop’s events means that you waive any claim in connection with events beyond Blue Hour Photo Workshop’s control, such as, but not limited to: transport delays, cancellations, disruptions, acts or omissions, orders from authorities, strikes, fire , riot, flood, war, terrorism, disease, quarantine, epidemics, theft, natural disasters, force majeure, circumstances of any kind that prevent completion of the agreement.
• Blue Hour Photo Workshops cannot be held responsible for expenses such as, but not limited to: loss of deposits in connection with travel and accommodation suppliers’ cancellation fees or change of fees for non-refundable tickets and bookings.
• Participants are themselves responsible for organizing their own transport to and from the meeting point described under the event’s information. Participants must not book travel/accommodation before Blue Hour Photo Workshops has given the go-ahead for this. In the event of late arrival, it is the participant’s responsibility to bear any additional expenses and to get to the place we had to have moved to at that time. Baggage is at all times the personal responsibility of the participant.
• Special terms and conditions may apply to certain events. Participants will be informed of this in the event. Payment of the first partial payment/invoice from Kairos Workshops is valid as consent to our conditions. Blue Hour Photo Workshops can change the terms when we deem it necessary. It is your responsibility as a participant to review them before registering.